Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The New Math

Good afternoon Reader,

Perhaps you are acquainted with The New Math? It's a new way of doing math. Harriet, apparently, is very against it, being so expertly expert in her multiplication tables. But I am all for more freedom in my calculations. It's kind of like glasnost, but for math.

Annie just finished a new math trilogy, which clarifies the subject. Here it is:


But what does it all mean, you ask.

Well, my good friend, think about it.
Here it is broken down. Start first with the division:



Then calculate the difference between the house and the boy,


Add the two things together and you should come up with this:


If you didn't come up with this answer, then you were wrong.

More on this and other subjects next week.
Your tutor
and friend,
Mickey

1 comment:

Alison Undercover said...

I love these! But I think you forgot to carry the 1.