Friday, April 23, 2010

Chaise Completed!

Good afternoon Cherished Reader,

Well, you will be relieved to know that the chaise is finished! Printing on fabric is all well and good, but I'm not sure that it saves any time. I believe I could have hand-painted both the shower curtain and the chaise in the same amount of time it took me to print them. What with the washing and ironing, then washing and ironing again. That is enough to fully exhaust a dog like me who has great difficulty simply getting the ironing board out of the closet.


Here is the completed chaise:


Compare to uncompleted chaise
.

Harriet says it's firmer with the cover on it, and also enjoys the woodsy feel.

The studio is nearly in tip top shape, nearly ready to resume full production. Just a few more things...

Well. Here's wishing you a delightful weekend,
Your printmaking dog,
and loyal blogger,
Mickey
(with Harriet)

1 comment:

Alison Undercover said...

Wow! I love your chaise print! It sounds like quite an undertaking but it looks amazing - congrats! You should sell them for millions of dollars.