Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux

Dear loyal readers,

We were flooded with mail and calls here at Harriet and Mickey this week in reaction to the big Hector news. It's true there were some minor disputes about Hector's position in the firm, stipend, etc., but it has all simmered down now. Hector is out getting me coffee as we speak. And so I believe, he finally understands his place as an intern.

Thank you for all your concern.

On another note, I would like introduce you to a wonderful book I read a little while ago called The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread. Naturally, as a small dog, I am interested in stories of other undersized creatures, and this Despereaux fellow is quite wonderful and brave. I like to think I would act similarly if I were placed in such a position-- that is, in a dungeon filled with rats.

The pictures of Despereaux are fantastic and done by a greatly admired illustrator Timothy Basil Ering.





I also see that there is a movie called Despereaux coming out this winter. I like to think that before my time is through, I , too, will be on the Big Screen, but that my ears will be portrayed in a more flattering light.

I wonder who would play me?

Yours in print and on film,
Mickey

No comments: