Friday, October 2, 2009

We're Back!

We're back! Did you think we'd ever return? We were not sure ourselves

We have some very big news for you, readers: we've moved!

Well. I know the first thing you're all probably wondering is whether our new house is haunted. The verdict is still out. Harriet, who is housebound has heard some curious noises during the day. And I caught a bird trying to peck its way into the house through the outer shingles. Most suspicious is a light in the stairwell that seems to turn on by itself. However nothing conclusive yet. Rest assured that I will keep you posted.

Here's Harriet, listening for ghosts and looking a bit worse for the wear after our move.


Otherwise the house is quite sufficient. We haven't got a cow, but have heard from the friendly neighbors that a family of chickens lived here for a time. I don't think chickens produce milk, but they can make eggs, which are also good.

As you may have noticed, careful readers, our neighbors here have so far proven very friendly. I wonder what George is doing these days. Possibly accusing the new tenants of stealing his flower pots?

I know you have a lot of questions about our new digs. I will try to satisfy some of your curiosity here. Our new house is on the slope of a hill and a brook runs nearby. The weasels moved along with Harriet and me. As did Hector. We have a couple of new roommates. There is a fruit fly named Johnny who rents out a room on the third floor, and a praying mantis couple who live on the porch.

Johnny

Alice (husband in background)


I don't generally associate with insects, but Johnny is very personable. (I can't say as much about the praying mantises.) He has a great deal of energy. Harriet complains that he spends a lot of time in the kitchen for someone renting out the third floor.

Well, I shan't tell you everything now. I ought to leave some for future entries. I hope your summer was relaxing and restorative.

Until the next,
I remain your faithful friend
and dog,
Mickey

1 comment:

Alison Undercover said...

I'm so glad you're back! I missed you Mickey!! :)