Thursday, May 1, 2008

Vacation! Vacation?

Dear Reader,

Guess what? As you read this, I will be on vacation-- and without the weasels. That is what's called a double vacation. I have been invited on a group trip to the Abacos Islands in the Bahamas. Sounds lovely, doesn't it?

The only problem is I know nothing about it. I have relied completely on my friend Rachel




who is planning this thing to celebrate her 6th birthday. My 6th birthday is coming up, so I like to view this as my birthday trip, too. Did you know 6 is the new 5?

Anyway, I write this entry first so that you might know that I am an international traveler, and second so that you will notify the police if you don't see another entry from me next week.

Why? Because I have just finished reading Saving Fish from Drowning. In this book, unprepared tourists are abducted by a religious cult and made to eat insects. They nearly die from malaria! Why? Because they blindly follow their tour guide and do whatever they're told. And this, dear reader, has been exactly my own behavior. I don't even know how to pronounce Abacos, let alone find it on a map. I may be walking into a giant cult trap.

I know some of my readers may see me as a savior as sorts, but what if these native Bahamanians take this literally and expect me to deliver them from their miserable but sunny existence?

Please keep me in your thoughts, dear reader, and you will be rewarded.

Yours on vacation,
Mickey

No comments: