Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Old Man and the Sea

Hello friends,

It is I, Harriet, writing for a change. Mickey is off somewhere. I can't keep track of him. He just ran out the door and said, "Harriet! Write the blog for me today!"

It is a rainy spring day here in Newton as I write. My favorite kind of day for keeping the window open and listening to the rain. I just finished reading The Old Man and the Sea last night. I believe I read it once before as a bunny, but my memory is poor. What a wonderful, clean book that is. I think I would like to learn more about Hemingway, that he could create such a wise character.

I, too, am old, but I haven't got the strength and endurance of Santiago. I do hope I have a small portion of his wisdom.

I wanted to reread the book after Annie showed me the following animation by Alexander Petrov. This movie was made for IMAX and was done by painting each individual frame on glass. It took him two and a half years to complete. The film is twenty minutes long. I hope you will watch it.



Your friend,
Harriet

No comments: